Award-winning DiaryZapp app aims to encourage children age 4-10 to write and draw their day virtually. Through the use of an achievement/vocabulary system, challenging users to be more creative with their sentences on a frequent basis, attempting to boost literacy skills in periods where children are for example on holiday.
DiaryZapp boasts two other great benefits:
– An account management system that allows multiple children to use the app and share their creations/days/diaries with other app users whether it be friends or family.
– Giving the abilities for parents to migrate virtual diaries to physical diaries!
– Planning the architecture of the app
– Mascot Creator / Avatar system – allowing users to create custom avatars, with interchangeable elements such as changing hairstyles.
– Editor tools – allowing designers to add stickers/parts to drawing/diary system and avatar system with no coding required
– Account / messaging – liaising with back-end developers to create a system allowing users to share their creations with other friends
– Integrating 3rd party plugins, drawing and printing services
– Modifying Unity open source code to manipulate Unities UI default behavior
– Creating native wrappers for communicating with IOS and android permissions settings
– Diary, save, edit delete and add drawings
Unity, IOS, Android
C#, Objective-C, Java